Tuesday 15 September 2015

Ready and set..

Today has been an exciting day in the planning of the challenge.. during my lunch hour at work, I trotted along to get kitted out.

I am now fully prepped.. got my outfits, my good trainers ( I have sent an eviction notice to the trainer spiders) and an excellent sports bra (a definite must for those of us in the bigger bust category!!) (sorry boys.. but they won't look after themselves.. ha ha)

I have been thinking about the best way to plan my training for my challenge.. 365 miles in 365 days is no easy feat.. the more I think about doing it, the more nervous I get.. I think I need to get the first mile out of the way and then I will feel much better..

I have joined a local running group for beginners which starts on 21st.. I have a gym membership ( I am planning on doing more fitness then just running.. need to tone those gluts up to thrust me around the course of the GNR!)

I have started to speak to some knowledgeable runner types on twitter and my friends who run and am also going to do ParkRun, which are local 5k's held every Saturday morning which are timed. I am going to keep logging my times and miles using an app on my phone called Runkeeper so you, and I can see the progress.

Timing is going to be the hard one. I work 4 days a week in a demanding job, have a 13 month old, and I am doing a distance learning masters in commercial law. So yes I am crazy.. yes it's going to be hard work..but I want to do this for Tiny Lives Trust because I am so passionate about what they do and to help them to support more families like ours.

Talking of which, I now have my sponsorship page up if anyone would like to donate.. its www.virginmoneygiving.co.uk/365milestoseptember
So far.. only my baby Islay has donated.. ha ha Thanks to her daddy and my hubby Gordon for helping her with that one! The donations are off.. and my target is £365. I would love to get to that before doing the GNR so please help me to do that

If you would like to follow me on twitter and give me some advice (all of which is welcome) then please do, @mrsarcticride

Finally, I am really chuffed with all of you who are taking time and interest in my blog. I have never done anything like this before and already have had almost 500 page views!!

365 miles to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment